THRIVE is a verb – an action word. It has a powerful energy to it.
One definition is ‘to grow, develop, or be successful’.
Who has the capacity to thrive?
Why? Because it’s an inside job.
So often we think…
- ‘If only this was different I’d be able to….’
- ‘When this happens I’ll be able to…’
- ‘If only they were different I could…’
So often we put ourselves in a holding pattern while we wait for other people or circumstances to change, giving them way more power than they actually have or deserve.
We look outside ourselves for people or situations that we believe we need in order to thrive, reinforcing our smallness.
However, just like love, we can be looking for it in all the wrong places.
Your power to thrive is within you right now.
Your Talent. Your Honesty (with yourself). Your Relationship (with you). Your Identity. Your Vision. Your Energy.
The fact that it’s an inside job is great news for you, for your business, for the people you lead, and the people you care about.
Why? Because it focuses on the only thing you ever truly have control over – your Self.
The other really great news is that in becoming the best version of you and thriving where you’re planted, you give others permission to do the same. That’s leadership.
It’s a place from which you have the ability to create real change as you’re operating from a place of strength.
One of the great gifts we have as human beings is our ability to focus and to choose what we focus on.
So this thriving thing. What does it look like in practice?
Here are some questions to get you focused.
- What are my gifts?
- How am I using them?
- Who supports me in developing my gifts?
- What do I really want?
- What do I believe I can have right now?
- What do I need to let go of that’s no longer serving me?
- How kind am I being to myself right now?
- How connected am I to my needs, wants, and desires?
- What do I need in this moment?
- Who am I right now?
- Who do I want to be?
- How do I want to show up?
- What do I want to create in my relationships, life, and business?
- What kind of legacy do I want to leave?
- How do I want to live my life?
- What gives me energy?
- What depletes my energy?
- How do I protect my energy?
The world needs you to be thriving, now more than ever.
Thriving is a choice, a decision.
Are you choosing to thrive where you’re planted?
If not, what’s preventing you?